The Pokémon TCG is a card game played in rounds between two players. To get started with the Pokemon, each player is required to play with a deck of 60 playing cards. To have a good chance at winning each game, the player will need to have a good selection of cards in their deck that work well together and consist of a good mix of Pokémon and supporting cards.
A great way to get started is to purchase a theme deck. These decks are a full set of 60 playing cards designed to allow players to play the game out of the box without having to build their own decks. Additionally, theme decks will include all the required items to learn and play the game. Each theme decks content will vary but often include the following:
- 60 Pokémon card deck
- 1 metallic coin
- playmat and rulesheet
- 1 code card to play the deck online
- 1 deck box
- Damage counters
- 1 card checklist
These theme decks and its contents make them a perfect purchase get started playing the Pokémon Trading Card Game with friends! Additionally, the included code card enables the player to claim and play the same theme deck on the online version of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
Here is the current selection of Pokémon theme decks we have available at BoardGameSupply.com.au:
Once you have mastered using your theme deck against friends, you can expand your card collection with other theme decks, booster packs, single cards or trade with other players. The Pokemon TCG Trainer’s Toolkit is perfect for turning your card collection into playable, fun, and winning Pokémon Trading Card Game decks! The Toolkit contains a plethora of Trainer cards and Energy cards, plus a Deck Builder’s Guide to putting them all together to create a deck that showcases your best Pokemon!
Pokémon TCG: Trainer’s Toolkit
- More than 50 useful cards, including dozens of Trainer cards and 2 Dedenne-GX
- Special versions of Pokégear 3.0, Pokémon Communication, and Reset Stamp with all-new art
- More than 100 Energy cards, including Special Energy
- 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs, each containing 10 cards and 1 basic Energy
- 65 card sleeves to protect your deck
- A Deck Builder’s Guide
- A complete Pokémon TCG rulebook
- A set of 7 tournament-legal dice
- 2 condition markers
- A code card for the Pokémon TCG Online
We hope this article has been helpful and wish you luck on your Pokémon journey!